Quality Assurance Director
At Xenith we are looking for team members who bring inspiration and innovation every single day;
proving that we are not just another football helmet manufacturer. We are driven above all else
by a commitment to keeping athletes healthy and performing and to being the thought leader in
protective sports technology, it is our mission at Xenith to change the game.
Being in the Rock Ventures family of companies (along with Fathead, the Cleveland Cavaliers,
and Quicken Loans among others) provides us with an edgy, sporty and stylish work environment.
Check out this link (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/coolest-office-spaces-in-detroit) to
see our office space; ranked as one of the top 7 most amazing in Detroit.
Our office is located in downtown Detroit on Woodward Avenue and our warehouse is miles down
the road just beyond the shadow of the Ambassador Bridge. Xenith will give you the opportunity to be
a part of the revitalization of Detroit while also gaining valuable experience in the sports industry.
If you’re looking for a career where you can share your obsession for the game of football with your
coworkers, then you’re looking for Xenith. If you’re a passion-driven person with a taste for city
adventure, Xenith is looking for you!
This position will provide specialized technical service and leadership in
the areas of quality control, testing and analytical specifications as they
relate to products. In this role, you will work closely with Product
Development, Manufacturing and QC groups to provide technical direction and
support. Additionally, position is responsible for establishing and ensuring
compliance to relevant safety and environmental standards.
Responsible for managing and directing quality programs designed to ensure
continuous improvement in operations consistent with established standards.
Responsible for internal audits, improvements and compliance. Develop and
initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and/or evaluation.
Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate with
procedures in other disciplines.Participate in advanced quality planning
and devise sampling plan procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management of quality systems as related to procurement and manufacturing of all product.
- Participates in the selection and evaluation of current and prospective suppliers. Leads scorecard reviews to ensure supplier performance is evaluated and utilized to drive ongoing improvement.
- Establish and maintain ongoing receiving inspection process to ensure raw materials and purchased components meet specifications.
- Develop and implement Supplier Quality verification process and procedures.
- Manages testing and sampling programs to validate compliance with all internal and external standards and regulations.
- Customer concern response and tracking. Interface with customers to identify issues and drive understanding / corrective actions as required. Track concern types and frequency to verify effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Define, develop, implement and monitor of in-plant inspection points and frequency necessary to meet customer compliance.
- In cooperation with Product Development team, define and manage testing protocols to ensure compliance with all relevant industry association test guidelines and requirements. Additionally lead testing program to support advancement of R&D and innovation goals.
- Lead quality defect analysis and elimination efforts.
- Develop and administer training programs for operations personnel.
- Plan, prepare and lead activities associated with 3rd party QA inspections. Ensure compliance with internal Quality Control Plan and SEI Certification requirements.
- Perform quality audits and maintain all specifications.
- Lead or perform necessary activities relative to safety and environmental compliance activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree (M.A) or
higher form of education preferred. 5-7 years of related experience and/or
training. Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal
communication skills are necessary. The ideal candidate will be a flexible
and responsible self-starter and problem-solver. S/he will work in a highly
organized and efficient manner and have a team-oriented, can-do attitude.
An ability to prioritize and maintain a customer-first attitude needed