Senior Inventory Cost Accountant Position
- Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances.
- Track and monitor raw material inventory.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing
budget costs to actual production costs.
- Create and monitor purchase orders.
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory system.
- Retain full knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures
- Negotiate the best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on specific budget
and schedule requirements needed to keep production supplies maintained.
- Make ledger entries and track cost analysis.
- Balance and reconcile records, researching and resolving any unbalanced issues
involved in accounting procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Three years of experience working in the accounting and manufacturing fields
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Great Plains software
- Strong technical skills involving inventory reconciliation, cost analysis, and month-end close
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Solid decision-making skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment with a variety of departments and diverse personalities
What You'll Get
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Xenith
gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both
personally and professionally.
Xenith is an equal opportunity employer.