When the season comes to an end, football helmet reconditioning is key to ensure your athlete's helmet is as safe as the day you purchased it.
So, where should you start?
First, you can take comfort in knowing Xenith is a member of the National Athletic Equipment Reconditioning Association (NAERA) and licensed by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). In other words, every helmet we receive is extensively tested so your athlete can feel safe and confident on the field.
Look for the NOCSAE recertification label on the backside of your helmet that includes the name of the recertifying firm (Xenith) and the year of recertification.We believe helmet reconditioning is critical to an athlete’s safety and performance, and essential for maintaining the investment you've made in your football equipment.
Our Reconditioning Process:
- We send you a prepaid shipping label and packaging to get your helmets to our facility.
Test Your Helmets
- We test helmets from every order to ensure they meet all NOCSAE and Xenith standards.
- We disassemble every helmet, examine every piece and replace anything substandard at no additional cost. (Internal Shock Matrix, Facemasks and Helmet Shells are replaced at no additional cost during five year helmet warranty.)
- We scrub your helmet by hand in order to return it to clean, hygienic, like-new condition.
- We sand and buff injected shells, while painted shells are sanded and repainted for an additional fee.
Retest & Return
- We retest the helmet's performance and ship them back to you good-as-new.
There's no corner cutting involved here. Your safety is our number one priority!
What Makes Xenith Reconditioning Better?
- You will not receive secondary bills for paint or parts & all shipping costs are included - both ways.
WE KNOW OUR HELMETS
- Your helmet will be serviced by the people who build them, so you can feel confident your helmet receives expert attention, the most updated parts, and a helmet returned in like-new condition.
INNOVATIVE TRACKING SYSTEM
- We keep your helmet parts together and generate a unique helmet maintenance history so you know exactly what was done to your helmet.
The entire reconditioning process takes place in our production facility located in Detroit, Michigan.
Follow this link to get started reconditioning your Xenith helmet right now.