When the season comes to an end, football helmet reconditioning is key to ensure your equipment is as safe as the day you purchased it.
We believe helmet reconditioning is critical to an athlete’s safety and performance, and essential for maintaining the investment you've made in your football equipment. In order to maintain your warranty with Xenith, your helmet(s) must be sent directly to Xenith, or a Xenith certified reconditioner for a tune-up every two years – however, we recommend football helmet reconditioning for each new season.
Your helmet will be serviced by industry experts with 100+ years of experience, so you can feel confident it received thorough inspection, the most updated parts, and the best service possible to get it ready for another season. We also offer all-inclusive pricing, so you will not receive secondary bills for paint or parts and all shipping costs are included both ways.
As a NAERA member licensed by NOCSAE Xenith, as well as all of our reconditioning care centers, meet and exceed industry standards. Look for the NOCSAE recertification label on the backside of your helmet that includes the recertifying firm (Xenith) and the year of recertification.
Our Reconditioning Process:
We recently made updates to our reconditioning process, now making it even easier for you to recondition your Xenith helmet(s)!
Parents, coaches AND athletes can now use our Care Center Locator to send equipment to our certified reconditioners across the country for service.
Reconditioning with a Care Center
- Locate and contact the Xenith Care Center closest to you, explain your helmet(s) reconditioning needs, and they will make all the arrangements.
Reconditioning with Xenith
- You can still send your helmet(s) directly to Xenith for service. Just enter your helmet information on our Helmet Reconditioning page and proceed to checkout. We will then confirm your order via email, and send you everything you need to get your helmet(s) to our facility in Detroit.
- We'll send you a prepaid shipping label and packaging for sending your helmet(s) out for service.
- We disassemble every helmet, examine each piece and replace anything substandard at no additional cost. (Internal Shock Matrix, Facemasks and Helmet Shells are replaced at no additional cost during 10-year helmet warranty.)
- Each piece of the helmet gets scrubbed and sanitized and then rinsed to remove all residue.
- If you choose to have your helmets repainted, they will be sanded, repainted, and returned to you in like-new condition. If you choose “No Paint Needed” your helmets will skip the paint room, but still receive thorough inspection and cleaning to be returned for another season.
Retest & Return
- Helmets are tested thoroughly for quality and performance before returning back to you in game-ready condition.
There's no corner cutting involved here. Your safety is our number one priority!
Follow this link to get started reconditioning your Xenith helmet right now.